Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March 2011: Chris Manka, CA

->What is your favorite part of fowl hunting?

Answer: I think the tradition and legacy of the sport. This is something that has been passed on through generations. I am a 3rd Generation hunter and my son will be a 4th. There is a feeling that is unexplainable when you have the sun rising, ducks decoying, dog working and all along your sitting next to a father, son, or friend enjoying it together

->What is your strongest hunting quality?

Answer: I think dedication. There has never been a day I have turned down hunting, nor will there ever be. It is a passion that is deep. Always willing to mix it up and change set up or strategy.


->What is your best piece of hunting advice?

Answer: Man, this is a tough one. I have learned so many things and I continue to learn every time I go hunting. I think the best advice is to never think you know everything. Always be a sponge to knowledge from other people. Some things will work, some things won't, but either way, you have have taken something and stored it in your book of tricks.


->What is your favorite piece of gear (not the most necessary)?

Answer: I think it would have to be my energy drink and toilet paper. LOL, The moment you forget the TP, is the moment you need it. First thing I pack every morning.


->What is the biggest sacrifice you have made to go hunting?

Answer: I think every time you go out hunting you sacrifice something....but I have never really sacrificed anything significant because I was sure to get married and have my son all in the summertime!!!


->Who got you started in waterfowl hunting (Or how did you get started)?

Answer: My grandfather along with my dad. There were many hunts were you didn't see a bird, and it was below freezing, yet it was the best time of my life.


->What is your favorite part about Duck Junkies?

Answer: I think the Community that has been created. I have gained friendships through this site that I am sure will be there for a long time. Everyone on the staff and fellow Junkies that are members, are willing to be there and offer any tip or advice they see fit. It truly is a great site.


ChrisManka_Jax

->Final Thoughts: Always make the best of any situation. I have had some terrible hunts where there were no birds, weather wasn't working etc, but we made the best of them and made memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment